Friday 17 September 2010

one person's opinion #2

I went through a phase where I thought nostalgia was a bad thing.
- Dario Argento.

...That's because in most cases, it is.
Sure I'm guilty of looking back every now and again but the worst thing you can do is to dwell over it.
Since the term nostalgia itself means to want to go back to the past and often in a totally idealized form, you forget about all the bad things, clouding your judgement on something you shouldn't even give the time of day to be thinking about.
Things get left in the past for a reason, the people you've met, loved and lost, certain feelings you thought were solid that simply went away. When you go through so many transitions in life, if you had things stay the same, there's no future.
New people, new experiences, development as an individual, s'what it's all about now.
Fuck nostalgia. I'm not missing you.

1 comment:

  1. don't fuck nostalgia! You can look forward whilst still loving to the past for answers. I've made a career from playing music that was made before I was born. I can recount every purchase through all my senses. The nostalgic smells of males fingering through musty old records trying to out do the next collector. You should go to a David Rodigan gig, then talk bout nostalgia.

    Nice blog by the way I don't follow fashion and don't really know how I ended up on the site. Like the drawing.

    ReplyDelete