Thursday 9 September 2010

paris fashion week take 2

So, we go on with more from Paris fashion week, with Lutz up first, chosen for his range of slouchy layers and de constructed luxe jackets made of the most gorgeous fabrics and colours. A big chunky knit cardigan/jumper is definitely on the wish list this fall.



My favourite designer from Paris fashion week for sure, Moon Young Hee blew me away, if I could put my name to any of the collections at this fashion week it would be hers. Constructed layers, beautiful colour palette and jaw dropping draped coats/jackets, almost reminds me of clothing store All Saints style. I know I say it a lot but the first time I saw Moon Young Hee's work I straight away thought it was genuinely perfect. I will be without a doubt be looking out for her next collection.



And finally we have Quentin Veron, who, to say the least must of caught a few peoples eye with his considerably controversial fall collection. "I'd rather wear fur"...says it all really doesn't it? Think it's safe to say PETA wasn't happy with Veron's response to their numerous campaign posters headlining "I'd rather go naked than wear fur".
Now it's a given that over decades, fur has been considered one of the most glamorous things to wear and is a luxury, as a personal opinion, I do not agree with wearing real fur, but I accept obviously that others think differently, but it is one thing to wear fur and it's another to kind of exploit it? Can I say that?
But I did put Quentin's work in this entry because I somehow do like it, in terms of design...not concept. Yep this is the part where I sound like I'm completely contradicting myself. Ah well ey?
I guess I like it because it reminds me of Tim Burton and something Helena Bonham Carter would wear in one of his films, the lady's awesome.



More of fall's fashion weeks to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment