Tuesday 7 September 2010

paris fashion week take 1

Bahh lovely Paris and what I would of give to be on the front row checking out Chanel's offering for Paris fashion week, Karl Lagerfeld really knew how to put on a show with the enormous spectacle of an iceberg making the stage a winter wonderland. And of course being able to see McQueen's final collection in the flesh would of been my life made, it's still unbelievable such a talent with obviously so much more to give has gone so soon.
I guess on lighter note we should start with a few of my chosen designers who took part of the beauty that is Paris fashion week...

So, we start with Fatima Lopes, I chose her firstly based on her shirt designs, I looove the dark blue with the dress seen in the second set of pictures. Her leather dress is also beautifully constructed, casual yet incredibly eye catching. In fact I found all her designs well constructed, so clean cut yet detailed too.


Next we have Gareth Pugh, of course being an appreciator of his work in the past, I had no objection to include his fall collection. Being known for his "out there", avant garde features to his designs, this season's collection consisted of chevrons of leather and chiffon, giving that hard edgy look, and softer dresses and garments frayed at the edges. In the rest of the collection, you can see pieces draped so intricately with chains and as this season shows the return of grunge and deconstruction I have to say I'm in love with the crocheted coat which can be seen in the second set of images. Impressed? I think so.


Lastly, in this part of my cover on Paris fashion week, we have Limi Feu, whose collection I would genuinely like to have magically appear in my wardrobe at uni, as a person who wears a lot of black this is the idea of heaven. And it just goes to show how you can use pretty much just one colour and still create such unique and awesome styles. Loving the long draped and pleated dresses and the oversized straight coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment