Saturday 24 July 2010

christian dior fall couture 2010

Now if there is any designer's couture collection I literally can't wait to see each season, it's guna be Dior...every time.
Christian Dior lines have always been a point of inspiration for me when coming up with ideas of my own, as a fashion student with more of a couture/avant garde approach to design, looking at all these amazing garments this label has to show can always bring some sort of starting point I can branch off from.
Of course Dior's collections wouldn't be anywhere as outrageous and outstanding if it wasn't for John Galliano himself, who has been another huge inspiration to me. The attention to detail and the thought into each outfit is fascinating to me, even the ideas for hair, make up and theme. I can only wish I could come up with such a perfect collection that he can.
Anyways onto this fall's couture eye candy...
This time, Galliano found his muse in nature, namely flowers which he would research in detail and focus on not only the beautiful colours but also the actual complexity of a flower. That explains the fine detail and attention on the ruffles and structure of his work. Stick all that with elaborate make up, head pieces made of plastic wrap and we have another show stopping display from Dior.
All in all I am in love (especially with the gowns seen below) and cannot wait for the Spring collection!
Go ahead and feast your eyes...




No comments:

Post a Comment