Tuesday 3 August 2010

august playlist/miscellaneous

In work again, thought I'd do a blog on music and film which are the other loves of my life.
Lets start off with an early August playlist, I would wait till the middle of the month but I'm a little bored and have a few new songs and some old ones I'm listening to more at the moment;

I Need Air - Magnetic Man
Drop The Other - Emika
Pink - Aerosmith
Heartbeat (Chase & Status Remix) - Nneka
Double Egded Sword - Emika
La Femme D'argent - Air
I Smell Sex and Candy - Nirvana
Tomorrow Never Knows - Our Lady Peace
Love Is Hell - Ryan Adams
You'll Find A Way (Switch & Graeme Sinden Remix) - Santogold

Now I'm not saying I'm an expert at films but I will be sharing through time what films I like/find blah blah blah...
So I guess we start with a top 5 shall we?

1. Heathers
I first come across this film when I was about 8? The only reason I taped it (VHS was really cool to me back then) was because I thought it was about vampires? don't ask why, I just did. Glad I found it though, it's been a favourite till this day. Think of it as a black comedy version of Mean Girls but with talk of suicide/homicide and intentions of getting rid of a best friend taken too far. One of Winona Ryder's best, eye candy in the film? a young Christian Slater of course.

2. Beetlejuice
Since Tim Burton is one of my favourite directors I figured I'd have to put one of his films in, so I chose Beetlejuice, Michael Keaton is incredible in this film, I didn't even know it was him till I got older and looked it up. And Winona of course, I think she's one of my favourite actresses, I say think since I've only just noticed how many films I like that coincidentally have her in.

3. Batman Returns
As a big Batman fan, I have to say no person was better for directing the movies than Tim Burton. For me he just captured what I'd imagine Gotham to be like, forget that Batman Begins/Dark Knight crap, as much as I enjoyed the late Heath Ledger's performance, they're just not the same...to me anyway. But yeh, Batman Returns? best one of the batch in my opinion, Danny DeVito made an ace Penguin and Michelle Pfeiffer, I just wanted to be her.

3. The Crow
One of the best films I've ever seen, and has a boss soundtrack along with it. Saw this for the first time when I was around 7/8, naturally didn't fully understand what was going on then but still found it so interesting to watch. Brandon obviously was gone too soon because he was awesome in this film. But on another note, the only sequels worth watching is The City Of Angels...the others? don't waste your time.

5. Party Monster
I discovered this film maybe 2/3 years ago, and still watch it often, it's pretty much a film documentary about the New York Club Kids and the underground club scene back in the late 1980's early 1990's. Based on the real lives of Michael Alig, James St James and the murder of their drug dealer Angel. Fun and interesting in good and bad ways being able to kind of watch and look back, a thing I like about some films. Macaulay Culkin and Seth Green are perfect together in this and the cameo appearance from Marilyn Manson is quite entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment