Sunday 22 August 2010

new york fashion week part deux

And so we continue with more from New York fashion week, the city in favour of realism and modernism, perfectly shown by the next three designers...

Michael Angel, glad I found this one, I personally like everything about this collection, it's modern, simple, edgy and what I look for in a designer in terms of their use in image and print. His line almost reminds me of the likes of collections by Peter Pilotto, Versace, Diane Von Furstenberg and the late McQueen himself.


Next we have Naeem Khan, I have to applaud the guy for his attention to detail with the amount of embellishment that's featured in his collection. His aim for the whole "love, sex and rock n roll" is down to a tee and although I'm more for a simpler jacket I actually kinda want his embellished/studded leather jacket. All in all, awesome designs and looking forward to seeing his Spring collection.


And finally we have Nicole Miller, I chose this designer for her dresses, especially the leather one and use of layering outfits. With it being Fall it's time to whip out the hats and chunky knit scarves, and obviously with the abundance of black I couldn't resist.


Next stop, Paris?

No comments:

Post a Comment