Sunday 22 August 2010

new york fashion week part 1

After spending the whole day editing a few photos (how? I do not know) I am finally done and ready to share.
So it occurred to me there isn't much coverage on maybe the not so acknowledged designers that took part in New York fashion week and more focus on the highlights, so I decided to look through what others had to bring.
The following designers I have picked out that kinda personally appealed to me...enjoy the visual satisfaction...

First up, Diesel, I love this season's styling, as the debut collection of new creative director Sophia Kokosalaki, she's really nailed it for me, the signature "rock n roll" style with a grungy feminine look.
With the mix of leather and sleek chiffon, the evening dresses turned out gorgeous, good use of denim and plaid and the male models are bad to look at either ;)



Next up, we have DKNY, I chose because of the colours and the simplicity, I guess this may be as minimal as I will get. The collection had great pieces to layer with however, as much as I like hats I wasn't too keen these ones, sorry!
Plus I think I have a growing obsession for heeled walker boots because I am quite literally in love with the killer pairs that were featured in the show, whether they're again by DKNY I'm not sure but someone has to tell me so I can praise them some more.



One of my favourites of the bunch, Max Azria beautiful use of geometric shapes and silhouettes that still flatter fabulously which helped create that bohemian look. As their goals were for this season for the pieces to really appeal and tend to customers, designers Max and Lubov Azria definitely achieved.


more to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment